Due to continued growth in our civil engineering department, we have exciting opportunities for a number of Civil Engineers to join our Belfast office, ranging from recent graduate to senior engineer level. You will join one of our existing civil engineering teams and report to a civil engineering associate.
Purpose of the Roles:
To promote the business; and successfully deliver civil engineering projects on behalf of the practice, in accordance with relevant design codes, and within the available timescales and budget.
Key Responsibilities (Applicable to all Levels):
- Undertaking civil engineering design commissions.
- Overseeing and design of civil engineering projects by other engineers and technicians.
- Preparation of conceptual designs.
- Design of roadworks, drainage, earthworks, culverts and other civil engineering elements.
- Production of contract documentation and technical specifications.
- Production of engineering drawings and details.
- Contract administration.
- Liaison with Clients and other members of design teams.
- Implementation of Project Quality Plans.
- Implementation of the Practice’s Quality System.
- Dealing with Statutory Authorities.
- Such tasks that from time to time may arise suitable to this position.
Key Responsibilities (Applicable to Senior Engineer Level only):
- Assisting Partners and Associates in identifying project and Client opportunities.
- Liaising with Clients about potential projects.
- Marketing and promoting the practice to current and new clients.
- Project Management of civil engineering-led projects, including management of other Design Team members and sub-consultants.
- Providing Traffic and Transportation Engineering input to projects at Planning stages.
- Preparation of Civil Consulting Services sections of Project Quality Plans.
- Supervision of Junior Engineers, Technicians & Draughtspersons.
- Programming of projects, including time and financial planning.
- This is a full time position. 37.5 hours per week.
- Hybrid working an option.
- Dependant on qualifications and experience.
Essential Criteria (Applicable to all Levels):
- BEng degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent subject.
Desirable Criteria (Applicable to all Levels):
- MEng degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent subject.
- Experience in a consultancy environment.
- Experience in the use of design software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microdrainage.
Desirable Criteria (Applicable to Senior Engineer Level only):
- Chartered status with the Institution of Civil Engineers or Engineers Ireland
Taylor & Boyd is a Consulting Structural and Civil Engineering practice based in Belfast, Derry/Londonderry and Letterkenny. We deliver building projects and associated infrastructure in Northern Ireland, Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland. Our working environment is professional and friendly and the practice is resourced for, and aspires to, provide the quality service that best meets clients’ requirements.
Please forward your CV to Steven Sloan (email@example.com). For further information regarding the roles feel free to get in touch.