First Bangor Presbyterian Church
Taylor & Boyd provided the engineering design for a new minor hall to complement the historic church building, which dates back to 1831. The new hall complex wraps round the rear of the existing church, linking into the current entrance lobby & Guild Hall.
The 2-storey halls are of steel-frame construction founded on piles, pilecaps and ground beams. The proximity of the existing buildings dictated that balanced foundations were required.
The sharp change in level from the rear of the church to the site boundary provided an opportunity for constructing a partial basement, thus providing much-needed additional accommodation.View More Projects
Click to expand the photos below