Developed over 50 years through values and practices now certificated by Quality Assurance ISO9001, Taylor & Boyd achieves high standards of Quality Management through:
- Commitment to the Client’s brief
- Quality staff, working, training and design
- Full cooperation with Stakeholders and the Design Team
- Good communication: in-house, with the Design Team, with statutory bodies and with contractors
- Working methods and communication that minimise disruption and acknowledge the needs of all parties
- Delivery within time/budget
Our staff are well qualified and their understanding of key issues is enhanced through Continuing Professional Development:
- Cost and time management
- Quality control
- Risk assessment and minimisation
- Health & Safety
- Report writing
- Software management
We adopt the Client’s brief to our Quality Management System and keep it updated throughout the project.
Regular correspondence and meetings are essential and formats are agreed for software, drawings, emails, records of phone calls.
Senior engineers, independent of the project, verify progress and record the results in Project Quality Plans. Compliance with key issues is reviewed formally at key stages (Preliminary Design, Sketch Design, Detailed Design, Tender Action, Construction, Hand-over). Initial designs are discussed with the Design Team and preliminary drawings created with statements on how elements relate. Revised drawings are issued regularly. With a large staff Taylor & Boyd can respond quickly to opportunities and problems that might arise.